House Tour Video
Please watch this latest Biteable video to view the eight wonderful homes on the tour this year, for more tour details, and to see the other exciting events happening in Perth the weekend of 1 and 2 December:
2018 House Tour Video
What You Need to Know
- Ticket sales are final.
- Each youth 12 or over will require a ticket. No pets or young children – except babes in arms – are permitted on the tour.
- No food or beverages in the homes.
- Suggest slip-on winter boots/shoes for easy removal.
- Bring non-slip slippers (bags will be provided for outdoor footwear).
- No photography in the homes.
- Houses may be visited in any order – only numbered to facilitate map locations
- Clyde Hall B&B, 131 Mill Street, Lanark, opens daily at 11:00am
Where will you have lunch and, if time permits, where will you shop?
Many of the restaurants in Perth as well as St. James Anglican Church annually support the House Tour with lunch menus to suit everyone. Also, their donated gift certificates are raffled during CFUW monthly General Meetings, with the proceeds added to the Home Tour fund. This year we have included the icon R on the map for each participating eatery including the church which offers light lunches, and each will display a red bow street-side.
Perth offers great shopping and CFUW appreciates the consistent support received from that community through their advertisements in the brochure/ticket. We encourage you to kindly support these advertisers as well as all the restaurants listed on page 4 of the brochure.
Scroll down to see more information.
Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW)
Announces its 13th Annual Heritage Perth Christmas House Tour!
It’s time to mark your calendar and tell your friends – this year’s Heritage Perth Christmas House Tour organized by the Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW), Perth & District will be on December 1st and 2nd from 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day. This is a rare opportunity to tour eight of our area’s most unique and inspiring houses, and for a worthy cause! Over its 12-year history, this annual event has raised close to $225,000 in support of advanced education for local women as well as literacy and other educational initiatives in local schools and libraries.
The community of Lanark will share the spotlight with Perth in this year’s outstanding lineup of houses. Just a short 15-20 minute hop north, the former village was first settled in 1820 by Scottish immigrants who named it after the town of Lanark in Scotland. Its prosperous lumbering and textile industries left a fine heritage of stone and timber houses now neighboured by some quite spectacular newer builds. Our ticket holders will experience the architectural diversity and picturesque setting of four Lanark area homes and may choose to linger awhile to explore new ground.
You’re no doubt keen to read more about the tour houses, all of which will be transformed for the holidays with unique seasonal décor crafted by talented local designers, florists and homeowners. The big reveal is coming soon – so keep an eye on the CFUW Perth & District website (https://cfuwperthanddistrict.wordpress.com/2018-house-tour/) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/heritageperthchristmashousetour).
House Tour tickets are priced at $30.00 again this year, available as of October 20th by phone from Isabel at 613-326-0437, online through Tickets Please at www.ticketsplease.ca, or at the following locations:
- Perth Home Furniture – 18 Gore St. E., Perth; 613-264-9876
- Elizabeth Interiors – 8 Chambers St., Smiths Falls; 613-283-7581
- The Blossom Shop – 167 Bridge St., Carleton Place; 613-257-1855
- Windsor’s Courtyard – 211 St. Lawrence St., Merrickville;
- Oderin Kitchen Supplies – 57 Brock St., Kingston; 613-531-4544
- Tivoli Florist – 282 Richmond St., Ottawa; 613-729-6911
- Crush Marketplace – 14 Mill St., Almonte; 613-461-2211
- Dockside Living – The 1000 Islands Shoppe – 6 Broad St., Brockville; 613-865-7328
Planning the 2018 House Tour
On 18 August, the House Tour Planning Committee is hard at it discussing plans for the tour to be held the weekend of 1 and 2 December.
The Stewart Park Festival kindly gave CFUW Perth and District use of the community tent during the festival. We had a display of our homes from past years and had ballots for a free ticket draw. Here is the official draw and the lucky recipient of a free ticket to the 2018 house tour will be notified shortly.